The graphic enclosed is a scan showing an example of Nightwolf's adventure template. He has graciously allowed us to host it here to encourage new adventure designers.
He uses plain lined paper (8 1/2 x 11). The scanned image has numbered sections that correspond to these descriptions:
1) Adventure name, & whether Greek or Atlantean
2) the food items used in the adventure
3) the starting date
4) City Number - 0 through 21 (max); I always have the Parent City as City 0, any allies are next, then rivals, then colonies and possible
5) the city names
6) they type of trade route from the Parent City, land or sea
7) the city status - parent, ally, rival, etc.
8) the city type - Greek, Atlantean, Centaur, etc.
9) what each city buys (left of slash) and sells
10) the military and economic strength of each city
11) buildings & items available in each parent city episode
12) what tribute a city will pay
13) the Opponent (bad guy) gods -- the first four are direct, while any after that are indirect (they can't invade, but they can be part of events)
14) the Proponent gods (good guys) -- none in this particular one
15) the Monsters and Heroes in the adventure, along with the requirements for each Hero.
16) the episode goals, available sanctuaries in each episode, monster
invasions, and disasters.