Check also my previous city titled: "The Trojan War" just a few positions lower on Zeus: Completed cities site.
My way of building city is to create an very aesthetic utopia, where everyone is 100% happy, there are no problems and everything looks beautiful.
Taxation exist only in elite housing blocks and payments are maxed, city is still not losing money.
During this gameplay i had a plan to finally create something really huge, which will make me 100% proud and will be culmination of my entire knowledge, experience and tryhard. Sadly there were some small issues that kinda limited my posibilities, most of them are existing just because of hardcoded game bugs / issues / limits that are beyond my capabilities to fix:
1. City is not capable of living by itself without occasional manual intervention - Sadly priests are stealing A LOT of sheep so city is "not really" capable of working on its own forever because it's nessecary to manually refill sheeps all the time.
2. Data limit - I wasn't able to build any other building because i reached max. capacity that game requires so i needed to transfer many of my beautiful columns into parks / avenues / walls to lower the amount of buildings in city (game treats column as legit building in the same way like a house for example). Because of that City is only 99% nice comapred to how cool it should be in case of aestetics.
3. Sprite limit - city is all the time on the verge with fleece supplies because i needed to limit the amount of all possible sprites, which are basicly all walker animations including animals, but after all i managed to fill almost all tiles i wanted before sprites limit doomed my city. (its enough fleece with max amount of sheeps, but after you gonna ignore refiling them in like a 2 years then problems might start).
4. Very strange thing happened during Zeus Temple surroundings construction, but i actually love how immesive and mythologically accurate it was. So i've got three 4x4 appeal god monuments for completing their tasks, one of them was from Dionysus. I decided i wanted to put it close in a front of a Zeus Temple and after really short time it just TRANSFORMED its graphic into Zeus 4x4 appeal monument, but game still shows Dionysus description on it (you can see by yourself if you download). XDD Looks like Zeus doesnt like his constantly drunk son monument in front on his temple. I swear i wasnt cheating - game did it by itself.
5. Because of logistic reasons it happens (reaaly rare) that some commons houses are having troubles with food, which makes them fall for like 5-10 seconds and then rebuild because dozens of idiots with food on their carts are kinda forgeting about putting that into grannary. Overall because of 600 workers on ships and another few hundred on towers ready to get their job elsewhere it's imposible that this potential issue can make any problems, Demeter and Aphrodite are also helpful in these situations.
Dont forget to leave a comment with your opinion or critic about my work, appreciate that.