Like few of Walagos' other adventures, the map aesthetics were lacking and bland. That said, the downsides were somewhat compensated by the proper use of various challenges. I actually found this adventure to be sufficiently enjoyable and kept me hooked for few hours.
- The map looked spacious, yet its not really; huge and barren at a glance, but trust me every inch of space will be valuable. Yes, this include those meadow islands. Map will be tight and managing the spaces will be key. I actually felt that the author had put some thought about the bare amount of spaces required for the goals to work. So that's a plus in my book.
- Besides meadow islands, there were 2 small specks of meadow near the north. In my opinion, this was the best spot to start the city and gradually towards southwest.
- Huge amount of nations(resources) in the overworld. Most of them were rivals at the start. Relations and obtain lacking resources could pose some challenge at the start, but it's all rosy once the city got stable economically or armed. Some invasions were real huge could still put a dent to the city's bank or defense. Be wary.
- SPOILER: We'll be fine without the meadow islands on the west for quite a long time, so bridge access at own peril. South islands were safe.
- Heroes were active in this adventure. Repeated summons throughout the adventure may necessitate stockpiles of resources. Be prepared or risk havoc. (Or read the point above lol)
- Story was basically non-existent, barring a line or two. Well who read stories anyways, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If we look past the uninspiring map design, other parts of the adventure were OK. In fact I'd say it had exceeded my low expectations and proved me otherwise. Overall a nice fun adventure.
[Edited on 04/28/21 @ 11:19 AM]
Posted on 04/28/21 @ 11:28 AM
I had two Sphinxes too lol. Whether the author's intention was for two Sphinxes to show up or not, I don't think this was an issue.
As long as you can summon Atalanta, she can deal with one, two, or even a dozen of Sphinxes just fine. Usually she'll fight only one Sphinx at one time, but it's no problemo.